We like to be on the cusp of all things new, and these are some of the shows that will be beginning in June in the U.S. for your perusal.
1. C.B. Strike – Based on the popular Cormoran Strike book series that J.K. Rowling wrote under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith. It tells the story of Strike, an injured war veteran turned private investigator and his secretary Robin Ellacott as they investigate complex cases. It has a very Sherlock feel and stars Tom Burke, Holliday Grainger, Kerr Logan and Killian Scott.
Premiering 1 June on Cinemax
2. Pose – Created by Ryan Murphy and set against the backdrop of 1980s New York, this dance musical tells the story of the ball culture world, of a ‘house’ formed by Blanca that provides help for LGBTQ youths who have been rejected by their families. House members compete in balls, where the are judged on dance skills, outfits and attitude. Starring Angelica Ross, Kate Mara, Evan Peters, Mj Rodriguez and James van der Beek.
Premiering 3 June on FX.
3. Succession – There is nothing like some juicy family drama mixed with business, in this new HBO Show from the creators of The Big Short about a global-media family that is dealing with their father, and all the dysfunctional aspects of their lives. Starring Brian Cross, Hiamm Abbass, Kieran Culkin, Sarah Snook and Jeremy Strong.
Premiering 3 June on HBO
4. Dietland – I’ve missed Julianna Margulies on my screen and she features in this satire about a ghostwriter for editor of a New York magazine who goes through an interesting route of self-discovery while men who are accused of sexual inappropriateness start mysteriously dying. Starring Margulies, Joy Nash, Adam Rothenberg, Tamara Tunie and Will Seefried.
Premiering 4 June on AMC
5. Condor – Based on the book and movie, Conder is about a young CIA analyst whose life is in danger after he tries to discover why his colleagues are being killed. Starring Max Irons, Brendan Fraser, Mira Sorvino, William Hurt and Bob Balaban.
Premiering 6 June on AT&T AUDIENCE Network
6. American Woman – This series is set in the 1970s during the second-wave of feminism when Bonnie Nolan has to face new challenges after she finds out her husband is having an affair. With the support of her two best friends, Diana and Katherine, she opts to raise her two daughters herself and experiences a new form of independence. Starring Alicia Silverstone, Mena Suvari, Jennifer Bartels, and Cheyenne Jackson.
Premiering 7 June on Paramount Network
7. Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger – In this compelling Marvel series, it tells of two teenagers Tyrone and Tandy who fall in love while trying to navigate their superpowers. Starring Aubrey Joseph, Olivia Bolt, Gloria Reuben, Miles Mussenden and Andrea Roth.
Premiering 7 June on Freeform
8. Strange Angel – Set in the 1940’s this series tells the story of a rocket engineer who secretly becomes a disciple of the occultist, Aleister Crowley. Starring Jack Reynor, Peter Mark Kendall, Dan Donohue, Randy Oglesby and Kurt Ela.
Premiering 14 June on CBS All Access
9. Deep State – A former spy comes out of retirement in order to avenge his son, and becomes involved in a global conspiracy and intelligence war. Starring Mark Strong, Joe Dempsie, Anastasia Griffith, Karima McAdams and Adrien Jolvet.
Premiering 17 June on Epix
10. Yellowstone – If Westerns are more your speed, watch this series about a ranching family in Montana fighting others for their land. Starring Kevin Costner, Brecken Merrill, Dave Annable, Kelly Reilly, and Cole Hauser.
Premiering 20 June on Paramount Network