Okay you know I don’t need an excuse to be caping for Noah Centineo. The boy is the teenage dream of my life.
How many times have I seen To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before, you ask?
So naturally I am very very excited about The Perfect Date because it also stars Camila Mendes who is one of my favourite parts of Riverdale.
So what is The Perfect Date about?
Brooks Rattigan (Noah Centineo) has the academic chops to get into his dream Ivy League school, but what he’s missing is an outstanding extracurricular — and the money. When he seizes on an opportunity to make some extra cash by posing as the boyfriend of a self-assured, combat boot-loving girl named Celia Lieberman (Laura Marano), he finds he has a knack for being the perfect stand-in. Together with his programmer friend Murph (Odiseas Georgiadis), Brooks launches an app selling himself as a plus-one for all occasions. Along the way, he meets the girl of his dreams (Camila Mendes). But when business starts to boom, Brooks must reassess everything he was once sure of.
It sounds like your average teen romcom, tropes and all. But here’s why we are excited:
- Brooks sounds like the name of the main dude in a John Hughes teen flick and I love my nostalgic callbacks
- Noah Centineo is charming and adorable (plus his nose scrunches up when he smiles and I AM WEAK). He has the qualities of like a young Freddie Prinze Jr or whoever else was a staple of teen films in the heyday.
- Camila Mendes has that spoilt rich girl persona D O W N
- Laura Marano seems cute and badass
- And fake dating is a trope we all love, plus add in some identity crisis in the middle and I’m hooked!
Watch the trailer here:
You can watch The Perfect Date on Netflix from 12 April 2019!